Who we are
Haven’t you always wanted one single place for all things travel? To be inspired, plan, book and reminisce with just a few swipes? The Unravel App does all this and more. Its visually immersive experience guides travellers as they discover and co-plan their dream vacations joyfully, using the finest in AI. With our first prototype behind us, we are now well on our way to launch our fully-loaded App this summer. If you are passionate about all things travel and would like to explore current openings at Unravel, get in touch.
Unravel launched its app on the App Store (https://unravelapp.com/download/) in November 2021 and will make it available on Play Store as well. The company is seed funded by Quantbox Research and started its operations in late 2020 – it has built a diverse team of 40 engineers, data scientists, creatives, designers and video editors in UK, Singapore, India, Ukraine and Indonesia since then.
Who we’re looking for
A passionate traveller with a flair for curating itineraries. A creative writer with an eye for detail and a great aesthetic sense
As a content curator and writer, you’ll be working with the creative and editorial teams at Unravel. Your role is to select and create fresh high quality content that is grammatically correct and embodies our brand style and language; for our app and blog.
Are you the right candidate?
You should have:
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent research skills
- Hands-on experience in creating and editing travel content, preferably itineraries
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage own time to execute day-to-day and project requirements to a high standard.
- 2 to 5 years of communication, curation, writing experience for a travel company (freshers are welcome to apply – on a trial basis, with the potential to convert to a permanent opportunity)
- Be open to learning and using new tools for the content curation / itinerary creation process
- The agility, flexibility, needed to create unique content with a small, fast-moving team and a growing business.
What you will do
- Create inspiring itineraries for destinations around the globe based on research
- Write evocative descriptions for various destinations
- Write catchy one-line captions for itineraries, images and videos
- Research unique attractions and activities across destinations, based on themes
- Select and review images for app content
- Review third-party copy where required
What’s in it for you
The chance to be a part of an incubation team and work alongside ambitious, goal-driven, outcome-oriented colleagues with a successful track record in scaling start-ups.
The position has opportunities for personal growth, opportunity to create technology you believe in, along with a competitive compensation package. You will be offered a 3 month contract with the potential of a full-time role.
You are going to work on a product which will (hopefully) impact millions of users.
The success of this product will be dependent on stellar performances from the entire cast (UX, Visual Design, Content, Data Science, Performance at scale). Hence, you should also be a team player with an ability to appreciate and grow a nuanced understanding of different fields.
How you work
- Bias towards action: You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Ability to improve teams: You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on huge tasks where the answers are not immediately obvious. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Empathy: Your top priority is satisfying the customer. It doesn’t matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you’ll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.