Frequently asked questions
Unravel is a travel inspiration and planning app. It is an immersive compendium of drool-worthy places on this planet. With the app, you can find inspiration through the lens of the best travel influencer content, capture your bucket lists and create itineraries.
The app helps you uncover hidden gems and local experiences, even while travelling.
The Unravel app is available on the App Store . We are working to make the app available on Android as well, soon.
Unravel has partnered with booking.com to make great stay experiences available on the app. You will soon be able to browse, plan, and book stays for your trips, on the Unravel app.
How the Unravel app works
When you install and open the app, you will land on the video section.. You can browse more videos by swiping up. You can choose to enable audio(music) by tapping on the video once. When you return to the app, you will be taken to the video section again. the app navigation menu, it is the first icon .
You can do a lot with each of our immersive videos
- You can add them as inspiration to a wishlist. Tap to add to a wishlist. You can create a new wishlist or add the video to an existing one. You can find all your wishlists in your profile section. Tap to go to your profile.
- You can start planning with this video as inspiration. Tap to create a new trip or to add the video inspiration to an existing plan.
- You can share the video inspiration with others and get them excited too! Tap to complete this action
- You can know more about the destination in the video by tapping . The destination details page will provide more information as well as suggest a complete trip plan that includes the video inspiration that got you started!
All videos are uploaded and curated by the Unravel team. We aim to provide a consistent and high-quality immersive experience. If you have high-quality travel content and would like to get involved, please find more information here . We’re working on allowing users to create content. But you will have to wait a bit for that!
Plan and share your trip
You can access trips by tapping on the app navigation menu at the bottom of the screen. You will be taken to a page where you will see a collection of trip plans. You can explore these trips in many ways.
- Explore trips curated by our travel influencer partners. They are experts when it comes to choosing a destination for a great time. Influencer trips have larger card/image sizes and their names on these cards.
- Explore trips curated by Unravel’s in-house travel experts. This is a great place to start your travel planning. These trips are curated to highlight the best any destination has to offer. You can identify them as ‘Trips by Unravel’ on the card descriptions.
- Explore trips tailored to specific interests. The app provides tailored itineraries for 12 themes – art & history, beaches, family, food & drink, nature, romance, shopping, wellness, wildlife, winter sports, water sports. Tap on any of the illustrated thumbnails at the top of the page for these themes.
- Explore trips for different regions. Head to continents and countries that you have not set your foot on. Or explore new trip ideas to your favorite destinations. Scroll down on the page to discover trips for different destinations.
- Use the search bar at the top of the page to search for a specific destination or travel interest
You can see a detailed day-level breakdown of each curated trip. Tap on any of the trip cards to see the day-wise view.
- Easily navigate through the different days of the trip through the circular controls at the bottom of the view
- Swipe through the stops on any particular day.
- Toggle across content and map views of the stops on any particular day, for a clear idea on your plan for the day
- Find bookable experiences for stops in your itinerary. If you wish, you can easily replace the stop with a bookable activity, For example, you can decide to replace “Eiffel Tower’’ with a “Champagne tour of the Eiffel Tower”.
- View notes and tips shared by travel influencers or our in-house curators for each stop or day or even the trip. You can add your own notes as well.
You can modify any of the curated trips and make them completely your ownYou can add a stop, replace a stop or remove a stop from the itinerary. You can select from a large number of attractions and things to do in a destination, if you want to add or replace stops
- Change the duration of the trip. Add or remove days front the trip
- Re-order and move stops around easily (within each day and or to other days)
- Set the pace of the trip. You can even have rest days, when you plan to see or do nothing at all!
- You can create a trip using the plus at the top of the page. You will have to provide inputs such as the destination, duration of trip, dates, pace, and trip interests. In just a few clicks, you will have a completely customized itinerary at your fingertips.
You can share the curated trips on the app or trips you have planned, with others easily.
- Use the <share> icon to share the trip with others. You need to enter an email id for the person you want to share the trip with
- The recipient does not have to download the app to view your inspiring trip plan. They will be able to view the plan in its entirety on the web.
- Their view will get updated as you make changes to your trip plan
We are working towards making this happen. Consider the current share feature as view access for others to your trips (like you have for google sheets). We will soon allow you to share itineraries with a view or edit access options.
We are working on integrating our app with leading booking services providers such as Viator and others. We are currently getting certified to make sure that bookings on the app are safe and secure. For now, you will have to book these experiences on the partner site. But not for long!
Manage your app experience
You will find all the ideas and inspiration that you have added to your wishlists, here.
- You can rename your wishlists or remove items from your wishlist
- You can find trip suggestions for your wishlist. For e.g. if you had 4 items on a wishlist for Paris, the app will suggest a complete trip plan for Paris, including all the items in your wishlist.
- You can share your wishlists with others to get them excited
You can choose your preferred method of account creation as well as your profile details such as travel interests.
You can control the types of notifications you would like to receive and Unravel’s access to the location services on your device. You can also set a preference for maps to be used for navigation.
Get in touch
We like working with high-quality content creators as they help us inspire more travelers in different ways. If you think you have content (video, images, text) that is of good quality, original, and proprietary, then reach out to us at [email protected]
When you express interest to work with us, make sure to include an introduction, mention your social media handles, your web presence(blogs, sites), and attach samples of your work (or links thereof)
Unravel is committed to respecting the rights of creators’ intellectual property. If you believe any of the content on Unravel has violated your copyright rights, please provide Unravel with the following information
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, an email address;
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please share the above information at [email protected]