Who we are
Haven’t you always wanted one single place for all things travel? To be inspired, plan, book and reminisce with just a few swipes? The Unravel App does all this and more. Its visually immersive experience guides travellers as they discover and co-plan their dream vacations joyfully, using the finest in AI. If you are passionate about all things travel and would like to explore current openings at Unravel, get in touch.
Unravel launched on the App Store (https://unravelapp.com/download/) in November 2021 and will soon be available on Play Store as well. The company is seed funded by QuantBox Research and started its operations in late 2020 – it has built a diverse team of 40 engineers, data scientists, creatives, designers and video editors in UK, Singapore, India, Ukraine and Indonesia since then.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who can bring our travel idea to life. You are the ideal candidate if you have already proven these abilities through your body of work. You must be able to translate the user journey and visual design into seamless experiences for users. You love challenges and are a driven problem solver. You know how to disagree and can elucidate why. You bring energy and clarity to problem solving sessions.
What’s in it for you?
The chance to be a part of a dynamic, awe-inspiring team and work alongside ambitious, goal-driven, outcome-oriented colleagues with a successful track record in scaling start-ups. The position has unrivalled opportunities for personal growth, opportunity to create technology you believe in, along with a competitive compensation package that rewards every significant milestone.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centers and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
Data Architect/Engineer Requirements:
The ideal candidate would have 5+ years of hands-on experience in the field of data engineering and architecture and play a key role in solution delivery
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
How you work?
- Bias towards action: You believe that speed and quality can be achieved at the same time. You’ve shown good judgement, shipping as fast as possible, products that are built in a responsible and sustainable way. You’re willing to make mistakes along the way and make sure you learn from them.
- Ability to improve teams: You can easily lead a team to the finish line or go deep on huge tasks where the answers are not immediately obvious. You work well in fast moving teams and have no problem working with others to resolve difficult problems. You support your team as much as your team supports you.
- Empathy: Your top priority is satisfying the customer. It doesn’t matter what, how, or why something has gone wrong, you’ll jump in and take ownership of problems that might not even be in your team’s scope to ensure the customer is always getting the best experience possible.
We are an equal opportunities employer
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.